Paquette Gallery, January 2017
Second Saturday Art Reception
Laura will welcome the public at a reception for her show on Saturday, January 14 from 5-7 pm. Light hors d’oeuvres will be served and complimentary beer and wine will be available.
“I am inspired by our landscape and the creatures that inhabit it. I’m particularly interested in images that are considered “everyday” – i.e. taken for granted. My hope is to increase public awareness that will lead to the preservation and protection our common heritage.”
Laura Barton received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Moravian College (Bethlehem, PA) in 1984. She owns Barton Design, Inc., a graphic design studio in Salida, Colorado and West Chester, Pennsylvania.
Her oil landscapes, cityscapes, interior, and still lifes have been on display in numerous galleries and collections nationally and internationally. Working primarily en plein air, Laura usually limits her canvas size to 12” x 16”.
Her larger works she creates in the studio. Laura’s paintings range from impressionist to abstract impressionist in style, and capture color and light in their many manifestations.
- BFA from Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA 1984
- Exhibited in many solo and group shows on the East Coast and in England
- Work is in many private collections nationally and internationally (England, France, Spain)
- Painting “I Am Only A Sparrow” featured in Cheap Joe’s Art Stuff 2016 reference catalog
- People’s Choice Award at the Colorado Mountain Plein Air Festival for “The Alley Bar”
View Laura’s full resume here.