- This event has passed.
Backcountry Film Festival
February 15, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$15
The 13th Annual Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival will show in Salida on February 15th at Salida Steamplant Theater. All proceeds benefit Colorado Mountain Club.
Doors open at 6:30pm, Show starts at 7:00.
The Backcountry Film Festival is produced by Winter Wildlands Alliance as a celebration of the human-powered experience and a gathering place for the backcountry snowsports community. Winter Wildlands Alliance is a national nonprofit organization that partners with groups like Colorado Mountain Club at the local level to inspire and educate the backcountry community to protect and care for their winter landscapes. Funds raised at each screening stay in the local community to support human-powered recreation and conservation efforts, winter education and avalanche/safety programs and to raise awareness of winter management issues.
Adventure, environment and climate, youth outdoors, ski culture- you’ll find it all in this award winning lineup.
Films in this year’s program include:
- Ode to Muir (Festival cut), Teton Gravity Research
- Ski the Wild West, Thomas Woodson and Drew Petersen
- The Abbey, DPS Cinematic
- The Backcountry Snowsports Initiative: Human-Powered, Wool Hat Creative Productions
- Abandoned (Festival cut), The Road West Traveled
- Blue, Aly Nicklas
- I Am Here, David Hanson and Michael Hanson
- Surfer Dan, Camp4 Collective
- Searching for Christmas Tree, Lie Feng
- Westward: Brennan Lagasse, KGB Productions
Tickets – ONLINE TICKET SALES CLOSED- Limited tickets available at door
$12 CMC members, $15 non-members.